Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meal No. 428: Lamb Köfte with Yogurt Sauce and Muhammara


The dish picture above is from a recipe that is only making its second appearance on the menu log of the Roediger House, having originally shown up back in June 2010 as Meal No. 106. I'll defer to the description found in that previous blog entry and not repeat it all here.


What I will say, though, is that this is just amazingly delicious. All the flavors meld together in a symphony of terrific taste. The muhammara, a Syrian red pepper spread (pictured above as it was simmering and reducing), goes so well with the carmelized onions, the tangy tahini yogurt sauce, and the delightfully spiced lamb meatballs. And in the meantime, I've isolated its source (for a while, I would cut out recipes but never make note of where I got them; I'm trying to do better about that). See below, with a link to an online copy of it.



"Lamb Köfte with Yogurt Sauce and Muhammara," in Bon Appétit, January 2010.

No comments: