Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meal No. 146: Ribeyes and Steak Fries

I guess it's safe to say that I'm a fan of Amazon Prime. I'm nearing the end of my one-month trial and I expect to find it well worth it to pay for a year's membership in order to secure 2-day free shipping on most things I order from them.

Take, for instance, the speed with which I was able to obtain a deep fat fryer once I decided I had to have one. I ordered it on Thursday afternoon and FedEx brought it to the house late Saturday morning. That means it was just in time to put into service for last night's meal of ribeyes and steak fries.



I was happy to receive the benefit of some overstocking at 6th & Vine this past week: they do not have a fryer and so fries are not on the menu. When Sysco Food Distributors ended up dropping off steak fries with a recent order, I was happy to take a bag off their hands. It's awesome to control the cooking of them, so's I can get them good and crispy like I like 'em.



The grill was just right and the steaks sizzled and cooked wonderfully while some light rain continued to fall last evening.



I am such a fan of filet mignon and that's about all I ever buy, but I'm glad to be rediscovering ribeyes. Last night's steaks came from Sam's Club and, like always, the meat was mighty good. And being able to eat a Saturday night meal of steak and fries took me directly back to growing up in Buies Creek, where that was what we ate more than any other single meal, I bet. All the taste memories came flooding back. It was delicious.



And since I'd made some peach ice cream the other morning, why not serve it up for dessert?

No comments: