Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meal No. 138: Steak & Pommes Frites



This might be where I'm going a bit off the rails. Tonight's meal: extra thick cut pan-seared ribeye steaks as the main dish. On the side, hand-cut russet potato french fries and super-simmered carmelized onions (that are so long-simmered they look more like mashed sweet potatoes in the photograph). And a port wine demi-glace reduction that was hellaciously delectable. This meal knocked my socks off: the ribeye was perfectly cooked, the carmelized onions were like a dessert unto themselves, the pommes frites were blasts of fried potato flavor, and the sauce was simply inspired. I wish I had taken a picture of the ribeye after I cut into it, but I had already started the next episode of Dexter Season 4 and didn't want to interrupt to go back downstairs for my camera. And I didn't think about my Droid on my hip until I was actually typing this into the blog. Shucks.

Gracious. And now my belly is poking out rather ridiculously, and I don't care one bit.

No comments: