Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Double Chocolate Liqueur Ice Cream + Classic Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting



The onset of evening Sunday before last felt so odd, as I looked at my watch and saw it flip over to 7 pm while the sky was already dusking and darkening depressingly. A simple oatmeal supper had occurred early and I was restless for something to do, and it's in my kitchen that joyful distractions can be most easily found. So I made yet another batch of ice cream, even though I still had on hand a full container of brown sugar cinnamon ice cream in the freezer. It had been three-and-a-half years since I'd made double chocolate liqueur ice cream, a devilish dollop of dark deliciousness, and that made its return all the more special. This ice cream will make you forget your religion and the names of several of your favorite teachers.



But wait: there's more! Why leave the ice cream so lonely in a bowl, when it can be the blobby add-on to a slice of moist and tender and deeply-chocolatey-frosted yellow cake?  It's clear that I know very well how what's so very bad for me can also be so very good to me. The cake was my Thursday afternoon endeavor, in time to share several slices out with various neighbors while still holding on to a sizable portion for the RoHo household.



"Classic Yellow Cake," by Robyn Stone. Found online at addapinch.com.

"Super-Simple Chocolate Frosting," from King Arthur Flour. Posted 01/01/2010.

"Double Chocolate Liqueur Ice Cream," by Kita Roberts. From her Pass the Sushi blog.

No comments: