Search RoHo Blog

Friday, September 14, 2018

Meal No. 2199: Modern Beef Burgundy


It was no simple meal at the Roediger House for the four of us together this past Sunday night. I feel like I went a bit all out on the main dish, a modern take on beef burgundy, that turned out to be pretty darned incredible. It was a pretty involved dish to make and I really managed to smoke up the kitchen in an early stage of the process, so thank goodness it was cool and in the upper 70s so I could throw open all the windows. To go with it, and to keep me more free for playing pool, I did roasted Yukon gold potato wedges and roasted green beans, so that they could just be cooking while I was up on the third floor.


I also made a new special salad, based on a collection of recipes from folks who wanted to mimic the Fuji apple salad that is a go-to for me at Panera Bread. With homemade apple chips, my own candied pecans, plus some dried cranberries and blue cheese, and a homemade white balsamic vinaigrette, it was something all to itself.




Panera-Style Kanzi Apple Salad based on:

"Modern Beef Burgundy," from America's Test Kitchen, Season 14: "Meat and Potatoes with Panache." Accessed 05 December 2014.

No comments: