Search RoHo Blog

Friday, December 15, 2017

Meal No. 1979: Open Tacos and Snow!


When last week's Friday forecast said there was a chance of snow or a wintry mix, there was likely a collective, "Yeah, right."


And then we got a pretty darned good snowfall for so early in December.


I'd spent a final day with the terrific team in the Guilford County subcohort from High Point University's Leadership Academy and, once I got home, I knew there'd be no braving the grocery store.


Fortunately, I had on hand what was needed to whip up some open-faced tacos, with spicy hearty meat on top of cheese slices on toasted tortillas with onion and tomato and more cheese and sour cream. Just two of them did me in.

With snow still coming down Saturday morning and afternoon, I made a cozy simple breakfast so that it wasn't necessary to run out to the market:




"Crispy Beef Tacos," by Hilah Johnson. From HilahCooking.com.

No comments: