Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Classic Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting


Last Sunday night, I served up yet another new and fresh-made dessert: classic yellow cake with a deep super-chocolatey frosting. It went along well with more of the chocolate frostie ice cream from the evening before.

This was my first trial for both this cake and that frosting, and the combination was a real hit around the dinner table. It was having an abundance of chocolate frostie ice cream that made me want to make this as an accompaniment. By the time folks see me back in work mode come August, I'll be as big as a house, with all these desserts I've been maniacally making.



"Classic Yellow Cake," by Robyn Stone. Found online at addapinch.com.

"Super-Simple Chocolate Frosting," from King Arthur Flour. Posted 01/01/2010.

No comments: