Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Meal No. 1433: Hamburger Supreme (and W-S Holiday Parade!)


On the first Saturday of December, the annual Jaycees' Winston-Salem Christmas Parade took place yet again, which means there was a ton of activity all around the house in the hours before its 5 o'clock kick-off. It's sort of like I get to see the parade without even having to go out to the parade route. I enjoy sneaking out and snapping some shots of it when I can.

It was pretty perfect December weather that day. A ton of sunshine during the afternoon and just enough of a nip in the air so it felt like it was the season of Christmas. By the start of the parade, though, since it's approaching dusk, I end up with dimmer/darker pictures than I'd like. Here's a sample:






Then, for the evening meal in the middle of some seriously competitive pool games, I served up the Jones family favorite of hamburger supreme, along with corn and applesauce.




"Hamburger Supreme," from the late Mrs. John T. (Glynn) Johnson of Buies Creek, North Carolina, via Janice Jones Bodenhamer.

No comments: