Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Meal No. 1220: Turkey in a Pot with Gravy


When I bolted out of Virginia Beach Wednesday morning, in anticipation of the big snow that was scheduled to hit both there and at home in Winston-Salem, I stopped off at a local Farm Fresh and did some snow-is-coming shopping so the Roediger House larder would be well-stocked if the City was shut down for a few days. One of the items I grabbed, which I never seem to find locally in Winston, was an attractive split turkey breast. That's what got featured as the main dish for the Friday night meal, and it was delicious, along with baked sweet potatoes and green beans.

On another note, another sign of likely impending development of the property behind and beside me appeared late Friday afternoon in the form of a public notice regarding a Right of Way amendment to that lot:


The Roediger House property is the blank square in the bottom middle of that graphic, along N Spring Street. I'm assuming this is another sign that Commercial Realty is moving forward, and the rumors swirling on local blogs suggest it's going to be quite a large building. We'll see (and once it's built, I won't see much anymore!).



"Turkey in a Pot with Gravy," by Diane Unger. In Cook's Country, October/November 2014, p. 4-5.

No comments: