Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 17, 2014

Meal No. 1138: Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs with Shallots in Roasted Garlic Wine Sauce


This past Saturday night, I tried out a new recipe: pan-seared chicken thighs cooked with shallots in a roasted garlic wine sauce. What an excellent dish!


I also managed to make a dessert that evening: glazed apple cream pie, from a Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks issue that featured contest winners in the Bake-Off Contest. I've made it before, but it's been a long time, and it just isn't all that spectacular. I think I have much better recipes to choose from when apple pie is on my mind.




"Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs with Shallots in Roasted Garlic Wine Sauce," from Amie, the Day-Dreaming Optimist. Her blog is A Meaning of An Optimist.

"Glazed Apple Cream Pie," by Rema Conger of Oklahoma. From "A Taste of the Bake-Off Contest" Issue of Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks, March 2001 (Issue #241), p. 58-59.

No comments: