Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Meal No. 772: Bulgogi Burger Sliders


Back in November 2011, for Meal No. 387, I tried an interesting take on burger sliders with a distinctly Korean flair. Tonight I tried these out for the second time and they were every bit as good. They're called Bulgogi Burgers, and this recipe puts them into bite-sized slider form. I forgot to put the smoked gouda on them but that didn't seem to slow down how quickly these were finished off. It's a more involved meal of course, but being at home for a break in July makes this kind of cooking possible and likely.

That previous blog entry breaks down the process a bit more, in photos.

Except for the fact that I ended up adding in too much flour to the yeast dough, the brioche buns were pretty darned good, if a bit dry. I continue to wish I would work enough in bread-making to get more of a feel for how to do it. My efforts are almost always just short of the mark.







"Brioche Buns," from Cuisine at Home, June 2011, Issue 87, p. 18-20.

"Bite-Size Bulgogi Burgers," by Debbie Lee. Printed in Seoultown Kitchen. Found online at FoodRepublic.com.

No comments: