Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Meal No. 437: Not So Cajun Chicken

Well, well, well.

That handsome devil over there to the right was me at around 4 years of age. And that's how old I was in 1970 when my sister graduated from Buies Creek High School in a class of around 28 people. She is the oldest sibling, and 14 years later I came along as the youngest of four children.

Her best friend in that graduating class was Edna, and I just learned that Edna, within the last few years, moved into a condo about a block and a half from me.

So it seemed like the very best thing to do was to have her over for dinner. That's what happened tonight.

The meal was a faithful stand-by and one of the most favorite meals on the Roediger House list of dinner possibilities: not so cajun chicken. There was also the added bonus of another surprise visit by good friend Jon Piper, formerly a fellow resident of Spring Street and the one who found this house and made me buy it. He's in town a couple of days, and he's crashing here as is our standard agreement.


Dinner was pretty good, with the not so cajun chicken resting on some basmati and good green beans to balance it out. The bread machine offered up a loaf of fresh-baked honey wheat bread. Edna brought a great salad with walnuts, blue cheese, and dried cranberries.


No comments: