Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Meal No. 429: Pork Medallions in a Ginger-Shiitake Sauce


I can't help it; this recipe is always too delicious. So once again, the regular menu item (sometimes featuring pork, sometimes featuring tuna) of the marvelous ginger-soy-shiitake mushroom cream sauce has made it onto the table at the Roediger House.

It was a special occasion. My cousin Marilyn (whose all-too-young husband just recently passed away) was the honored dinner guest and I needed to make sure I fixed up a meal worthy of her visit.

I think it passed muster. Although the sweet sugary supple persuasion found in the after-dinner key lime frozen custard might have swayed her, too.



"Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," from The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

"Company Mashed Potatoes," a Jones family favorite.

No comments: