Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Meal No. 425: Baked Spaghetti

When I go to the local favorite K & W Cafeteria, I'm always hopeful that their baked spaghetti is on the serving line. It's different, but to my tastes, it's always good. Several years ago, thanks to my good friend Cindy Coulson's extensive collection of cookbooks, I came across a fine recipe that's not anywhere near an imitation of the K & W version, but it was also always really good. And it was particularly handy for when I had a lot of people over. I used to serve it as the first meal for my Wake Forest students, for instance.


The latest issue of the Food Network Magazine (ironically, in this case, titled "The Light Issue") had competing recipes for baked spaghetti from Paula Deen and her son Bobby. Of course I went with Paula's  because you know it's going to be packed with some flavor. And it was. But man-o-man, did it sit heavy in my stomach the rest of the evening!


Or maybe that was because of the very tasty, very tart, very creamy Tangy Lemon Frozen Yogurt that I made for dessert. It's another David Lebovitz concoction, and I came across it in an article in the Los Angeles Times.



Paula Deen's Baked Spaghetti, in The Food Network Magazine, January/February 2012, p. 53.

Tangy Lemon Frozen Yogurt, by David Lebovitz, published in the Los Angeles Times.

No comments: