Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Meal No. 380: Chicken Pan Pie

One more chance to cook something before leaving a bit too late to drive to Winchester, VA, for the week: Meal No. 380 was an old recipe that I've probably not made since the old kitchen, at best, and it might even have lain dormant since I was in my faculty apartment at Wake Forest University. It came from one of the cookbooks belonging to my friend Cindy Coulson, and in my handwritten copy of it, it is attributed to Norma Anderson.


This is "Easy Crust Chicken Pot Pie," which to me is an awful lot like the chicken pan pie that I often get on those rare occasions I go to the K & W Cafeteria here in Winston-Salem.


Must've been quite a long time since I made it, because I was definitely off a bit. Crust was too thick and the goop was rather runny. And while it's a easier to make than that fantastic cheddar crust chicken pot pie I made for Meal No. 368, I doubt it's going to show up on the Roediger House menu again any time soon.

No comments: