Search RoHo Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Meal No. 388: Challah French Toast

Most of the time, I'm a one-meal-a-day person. If I eat anything mid-day, it's snacky or it's leftovers. But to start off this week of Thanksgiving vacation, I really wanted to try a recipe for French toast that I'd had on hand for a while. That meant I took the unusual step of making breakfast.


I came across this recipe in the catalogue for King Arthur Flour. It's a pretty awesome way to do French toast so that you get a good rich flavor both from the egg-y goop and from the bread itself, since it recommends that you use Challah. Topped with confectioners sugar and some pure maple syrup, and tall glasses of cold milk on the side, this French toast will definitely be making repeat appearances in the Roediger House.



"French Toast," from King Arthur Flour online.

No comments: