Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Meal No. 332: Grilled Maple-Bourbon Salmon


I think I tend to note with some regularity (and some repetitiveness) that the week's specials at Harris Teeter supermarket have a lot to do with determining my evening meal choices. That's true tonight, when the wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon was nearly half-off its usual price. A recent issue of Cuisine at Home had a simple but tempting recipe for maple-bourbon glazed salmon on the grill, and that sealed the deal.


Also new on my list of dishes were the sides...

Instead of plain quinoa, I followed the recipe on the package to make a pine nut and parsley quinoa pilaf. I also found a recipe for grilling broccolini in that same magazine, but I went with broccoli crowns tonight and used the grill basket. There were several happy faces around the dinner table, which almost always is well-populated with good friends and fun characters.



"Maple-Basted Salmon," from Cuisine at Home, Issue 87, June 2011, p. 42-43.

"Grilled Broccolini with Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette," from Cuisine at Home, Issue 87, June 2011, p. 41.

No comments: