Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meal No. 314: Pork Medallions with Ginger-Soy-Shiitake Sauce

With a large contingent of visitors here in town from New Orleans College Prep, and hosting the three principals here at the house, I was trying to play it flexible. Would I have several people at the table at dinner last night, or would they all want to go out to a local restaurant so they could take in the town a bit and also do some talking and planning following our first day of training? I was ready either way.

Turns out the elementary and high school principals went into meeting mode with their respective coaches, and so I got Anne Felter all to myself (since both of her middle school coaches were unable to come for this week's sessions). After teaching all day, I needed something worthy of the delight of her visit and good enough to get her to come back to Winston and visit again, but also something that could be prepared expeditiously.


Thank goodness the Lowe's Foods near the training site had a reasonable price on pork tenderloin, and that led me to make seared pork medallions with a ginger-soy-shiitake cream sauce (it is every bit as good on seared tuna, as well).


I think the meal met with approval. Alongside: mashed potatoes and seasoned green beans.



"Pan-Seared Tuna with Ginger-Shiitake Cream Sauce," The Bon Appétit Cookbook by Barbara Fairchild, 2006, p. 398-399.

No comments: