Search RoHo Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Meal No. 259: Grilled Chilean Sea Bass


While Chilean sea bass is on watch lists for overfishing, I found it looked much better than the halibut I'd intended to purchase this afternoon. And it's not as though we could put it back in the ocean to continue living and reproducing, not in the state it was in at the seafood counter at the Harris Teeter. So it became the feature of this Friday's supper.

Officially, this is cedar-plank-grilled Chilean sea bass with a ginger-garlic-soy glaze.

I've never made it before. I've never even eaten it before. And since it's a no-no, I'm not sure when I'll have it again. But it sure did make an incredible meal. The asparagus cooked up nicely, and I decided to make another batch of Israeli couscous with onion, garlic, parsley, and pine nuts. That stuff is amazing.

First Grass Cutting of the Spring. Prior to making this late night dinner, I did break out the lawnmower for the inaugural grass-cutting of 2011.

No comments: