Search RoHo Blog

Monday, April 11, 2011

Meal No. 257: Almond Chicken & Broccoli with Cream Sauce


I taught all day long here in town, a final day with Winston-Salem/Forsyth County program managers and instructional coaches, with our focus on instructional design and post-observation conferencing. Tonight, I drive down to Richmond County, where I'll be working with administrators for the next two days. So the meal was well-thought-out in advance so that it would be easy to pull together and still get me on the road before it was late.


This is almond chicken and broccoli, cooked in a terrific sherry-tarragon-broth-parmesan cream sauce. It would be another meal that I can picture having in winter. It's also the kind of meal that drives me to want more even though I'm full, just to have that savory taste linger a while longer.


You know how sometimes you'll eat a hot/spicy meal and you feel the heat of the peppers (or whatever) accumulating on your tongue, getting more pronounced and potent as you continue eating? That's sort of what happened with the creamy goodness of the sauce with this meal, only it was an increasingly pleasant and enticing flavorfulness that built up the more I ate.



Recipe from The Best Casserole Cookbook Ever, by Beatrice Ojakangas [2008], p. 159.

No comments: