Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Meal No. 250: Pecan-Crusted Chicken & Bourbon Sauce

One of the distinct pleasures of my work in education is getting to know remarkable and good people in the various school districts I consult with. One of those is Donna Whitley-Smith from Page County, VA, whom I've now known and worked with since 2005. She is a terrific, dedicated, and very hard-working assistant superintendent.

And Donna is also really good about sharing recipes. One of those she passed on to me recently was for pecan-crusted chicken with a bourbon sauce. So you can see what inspired my kitchen endeavors last night when I had a fine crew of folks coming for dinner.


Looks mighty good, doesn't it?


It always pleases me when there are notable doses of silence in a meal, even when it is a gathering of fun and funny people, while we smack our lips and savor the great tastes.

No comments: