Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Damn Cat: The Next Generation


How can I have a yard so full of birds and still be surprised at the other nuisances that might come along with their song-birdy joy?


In the last week or so, I've discovered there is a stray cat that cannot resist the siren calls issuing forth from my trees and feeders. And who also finds my back stoop, right next to three feeders, to be a cozy place to stretch out or to curl up.


About a year ago, I blogged about a feline menace that was unable to resist the birdy attractions of my yard. She was a beautiful yellow cat and, were it not for the fact that we have competing notions about my hospitality, I might enjoy having her on my lap and giving her a good rub.

Unfortunately, because she terrorized and occasionally slaughtered my birds (and left cat upchuck on my porch from time to time), I'm not sure she'd be limited to getting a rubbing if she sat in my lap. Maybe a rubbing-out?

Of course, you know I just talk big.


I imagine this year's yellow cat to be an off-spring of last year's unwelcome visitor...she just looks and acts younger and more kitten-like. And I don't think last year's damn cat had the patch of white on her neck and upper chest that this year's model does.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Oh, she is really, really cute!

Anonymous said...

What Roediger House needs is a house cat! Let that cutie indoors to run amok and she'll probably leave your birds alone.