Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bed & Breakfast Saturday Morning

People who see the house or who take note of my joy of working in the kitchen or who stay overnight will, from time to time, ask me why I don't go ahead and open a bed and breakfast. The house is pretty well-suited to this, even more so since I added bathrooms to service the bedrooms upstairs. I can tell you with tremendous certainty that running a bed and breakfast as a way to earn a living has absolutely no appeal to me. That's not the kind of business I want to get into.

But that doesn't mean I don't mind playing at it for the benefit of guests. Frankly, I like it if people who stay over get the feeling of hospitality associated with those accommodations.


So it was fun to offer that as an evening get-away followed by an easy Saturday morning for my friends Bassey and Cubby. They came for last night's dinner of pecan-crusted chicken and bourbon sauce. And when we all got up Saturday morning, the coffee was brewed and ready for them:


This was followed by biscuits and sausage gravy and fresh fruit. It was a good time. And it also counted as Meal No. 251.

No comments: