Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meal No. 208: Tuna Medallions with Sauce à la Moutarde

I guess my cabinet with recipe books might have been considered incomplete until I got, as a very nice birthday or Christmas present, Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking (with Bertholle & Beck). But yeah: I'm a bit intimidated by it. So after some encouragement by good friend and former student Karissa Piper, I decided to try out one of the sauces this evening, to serve along with seared tuna medallions.


This is a plate of seared tuna with mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts, and that's what Julia might call Sauce à la Moutarde. Or mustard sauce, if you prefer (p. 66).


And once again, my labors in the Roediger House kitchen have left me moderately uncomfortable, with a slightly distended belly but a happy warmth all 'round.

No comments: