Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meal No. 204: Chicken Tikka Masala

A new issue of Cuisine at Home arrived and it came packed with a lot of good new recipes. For last night's supper, I decided to take their recommendations for a slow-cooked chicken tikka masala for a test spin, and I'm glad I did.


I'm also really glad they threw in an easy idea for doing some cumin-coriander-roasted cauliflower as an accompaniment. It sure did seem like I was eating at a pretty good Indian restaurant as this meal went down. The rare treat of one of my remaining bottles of Brooklyn Brewery's Local One was also right on the money.


It was a more involved meal, between creating a marinade, then roasting the marinated chicken thighs, and sautéing vegetables, and making the sauce. Fortunately, it all then goes in a slow-cooker so I could take a respite for about 2 hours before jumping into the rest of the meal prep.




But at 8 o'clock last night, it proved to be worth it, because this was a mighty fine dinner.




Cuisine at Home, Issue No. 85, February 2011

No comments: