Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Meal No. 199: Indoor Pulled Pork BBQ


Using the good guidance I can depend on from Cook's Illustrated, and with Boston Butt pork shoulder again on sale at one of my usual grocery stores, and with people returning for our second night of watching the fifth season of Doctor Who...and with time off the road during this week of sad loss and a long good-bye to my Mother...this evening I wanted something involving that I could immerse myself in while I prepared it. All that added up to creating delicious indoor pulled pork barbeque.



Previously, I made this for Meals 71, 114, and 162, and I imagine I'll come back to it again and again.




Liquid-smoke enhanced yellow mustard is rubbed on the pork, after it's brined a couple of hours, and then that is coated with a mix of salt, sugar, black pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper.






And it is really outstanding with a side of blue cheese coleslaw, let me tell you.

Cook's Illustrated, No. 102, January-February 2010, p. 6-7.

No comments: