Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day Lillies and Yard Work

In the seven years I've lived in the Roediger House, I think I've managed to miss the blooming of my day lillies at the front walk several times because of my traveling. Today, they showed themselves to be on the verge of blooming, and I'm hoping they'll really pop out for this weekend.





We've had enough rain that the grass is really not giving me much of a reprieve on mowing. So in the rapidly-increasing heat of late morning, I gave the yard a quick mowing.



It seemed a good day to go ahead and cut back on the terrible rapid growth from the trash trees on the back wall, about which I blogged yesterday. This means I added a good bit more to the pile of downed limbs that showed up after the bad storms from a week ago.

No comments: