Search RoHo Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Meal No. 97: Pizza IV

A sweet advantage of spending a couple of days working in Richmond County, NC, is that I can actually get home to Winston-Salem before 5 pm. And on this Friday evening, that meant there was time to cook dinner at home. I'd already lined up my ingredients before leaving home Wednesday night, so this was easy doings. Tonight I tried out a recipe for a focaccia-style crust. It didn't rise as much as I wanted it to but the flavor was terrific. This is the fourth go-round for me at making homemade pizza from scratch. Tonight I piled on that tasty crust: a pesto base, tomato-basil feta, mozzarella cheese, sweet yellow bell peppers, tomato, baby bella mushrooms, and shredded cheddar cheese. On one half, I put some pieces of the spice-crusted grilled pork tenderloin that I made earlier in the week. The result was mighty good!

No comments: