Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Meal No. 102: Yin Yang Chicken



The kick of late has been to keep trying recipes that I haven't yet gotten around to trying. For instance, after securing some delicious plump green tomatoes from Ronnie's Country Store downtown, it was time to try my hand at making fried green tomatoes.



I was pleasantly surprised with the end result, and I found them to be a tasty appetizer with a side of dipping sauce inspired by the Bloomin' Onion goop you can find at the Outback Steakhouse.



The dinner main course has earned the name Yin Yang Chicken, mostly because of this picture. What's actually going on here is that I had a mega-package of chicken drumsticks and two different recipes I wanted to try out. When I served it up, the chicken drumsticks fit nicely together in a yin-yang pattern. The darker piece has been spiced and roasted in a way that probably equates with "blackening." The lighter piece has a dijon/panko/spice coating. On the plate alongside are the last of this week's blue cheese coleslaw and a hearty pasta salad that was made from a hodge-podge of recipe ideas.



And for dessert, as pictured above in the late afternoon sun coming in through the eating bay windows: homemade vanilla ice cream and monster chip cookies. Delicious. Definitely delicious.

No comments: