Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Meal No. 101: Lasagna

When I first got out of college, and was working for the Baptist Retirement Homes of North Carolina, Inc., the head dietician hooked me up with a recipe for lasagna. I made it one time and wished it were much better.

When I started teaching at Wake Forest in 2001, I tried a recipe on the box of lasagna noodles, but it wasn't nearly good enough so I did not make it again.

Last night, I tried making lasagna for the third time in my life, and apparently it was the charm. This version popped up when I was searching for something else entirely on AllRecipes.com, where I have found several good ideas for dishes and a few that were not so good.



Anyway, with this much food, I knew I needed company at the dinner table, so six were invited and four were able to dine. This photo is looking at Bradley's plate just before he buttered the fresh-made golden potato bread. That's the lasagna, some salad, the blue cheese coleslaw from Monday evening, and a nice slice of bread.





"World's Best Lasagna," by John Chandler (Dallas, TX). Found online at AllRecipes.com.

No comments: