Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Letter to LaRoque Construction

One of my tasks this past week before I felt ready to hit the road to work was a letter to Peter "Pete" LaRoque of LaRoque Construction of Mocksville, NC, the general contractor on my renovation and addition project for my house. Since the substantial completion of most of the work on the house occurred back in the summer, the list of undone items as well as problems that have emerged has become quite substantial. It seemed best to catalogue it all to the best of my ability, with the proviso that who knows what further might emerge as the weeks and months pass. The letter ran to four pages.

Upcoming blog entries will highlight some of these issues more specifically; others have already been chronicled. For instance, it remains a mystery why the roof around the chimney continues to leak after Pete LaRoque and his crew have repaired the flashing three times. I've also already written about problems with doors, leak damage where the ceiling meets the brick of the chimney, a window that must be replaced, cracked and problematic caulking of a porch rail post, and spreading of hardwood flooring planks.

After receiving my letter, Pete called me up and promised that LaRoque Construction will stand behind its work. We're scheduled for him to review all the pending and problematic items at the end of the week.

No comments: