Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Powder Room Hardwood Flooring

I'm not sure how much this photo picks it up for you to see clearly, but I've been watching over the last month or so the gradual spreading of the hardwood flooring planks in the powder room downstairs. Gaps have appeared between the boards, especially in the northwest corner of that bathroom, although I'm noticing what seems to be the initial stages of gaps occurring towards the middle of that room as well. This is yet another fit and finish problem that I look forward to having rectified, although it seems likely to be quite involved.

And as might be expected, I'm left wondering if this will be a problem that begins to show up in other areas of the downstairs, given that the same hardwood flooring was put in throughout as part of the addition built by Peter LaRoque of LaRoque Construction (Mocksville, NC). For now, it seems localized to the powder room. I'll be keeping my eye on it.

No comments: