Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Meal No. 126: Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry

After a week on the road, it was most excellent to come home and be back in my kitchen. I think I was a bit off, though, because this will not go down as one of my finer meals.

I mean, it was edible, but nothing about the recipe I was following seemed to match in results to what was happening as I prepared this dish. This was the first recipe I tried from a new Chinese and Thai cookbook I picked up cheap at Sam's Club. I snagged a few essential ingredients at the Asian Grocery just down Peters Creek Parkway from the house, and the prep was reasonably quick. If I hadn't been so hungry, I'm not sure I would have been able to eat it all.

It was rather on the healthy side, though, so at least I've got that going for me.

No comments: