Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, December 1, 2019

DoubleTree-Style Chocolate Chip Cookies


Over the years I suppose I've made grand-sized chocolate chip cookies with three different recipes. For a long while, the go-to was from Judy Mabry and Taste of Home: monster chip cookies. A former colleague from up in Frederick County, Virginia, pointed me to a similar one that I got some good mileage out of. For the last while, though, my dependably delicious cookie recipe along these lines has come from the Foolproof Living blog. Its bold claim to being a replica of the famous DoubleTree Hotel's amazing cookies very nearly holds up to scrutiny but falling just shy of gospel truth. Still, I don't remember getting any complaints from folks when I've offered these up for them to sample. These pictures are from my latest batch, made back on November 21st, so that I could take some to share with colleagues I was working with at Matoaca Middle School, just south of Richmond.



"DoubleTree Hotel's Chocolate Chip Cookies," by Ayşegül Sanford and her blog, Foolproof Living. [Published December 29, 2013.] Official DoubleTree recipe from Hilton.com was released to the public on 09 April 2020.

No comments: