Search RoHo Blog

Monday, August 21, 2017

Chocolate Pizzert Dessert Pizza


Following last night's delicious dinner of poppy seed chicken casserole, I also did an experimental dessert that I'd really like to try to perfect: chocolate pizzert pizza. I had scoured the web a year or so ago hoping others were also fond of this concoction...and maybe someone had a close approximation to it. I found that at a defunct website called 2CrochetHooks.com.


The inspiration comes from the Texas-based Pizza Inn chain, which had a location in Dunn, near where I grew up in Buies Creek. One of our favorite items on the Tuesday night buffet was their 'pizzert' — pizza dessert — and most especially the basic chocolate one.


When my sister Allison and her son Eli were here to visit last summer, we drove down to High Point, the closest Pizza Inn location to Winston-Salem, and I must say I was terribly disappointed that they no longer offer chocolate pizzert.


"Pizzert Dessert Pizza," an in-process adaptation from 2 Crochet Hooks (Millie & Kristina of Durham, NC).

4 comments:

JennifferLynn said...

I would love to have your recipe for this pizza. I have searched for it off an on for a couple of years and haven't been able to locate it. Would you be willing to share??

Ray said...

Hello, JennifferLynn! Click on the link at the end of the blog post and you can access a pdf of the recipe. I've only tried it once, and while it was tasty it still wasn't quite right, so just know you'll still be having to play with it a bit to get it close to what the Pizza Inn achieved.

KBLEE said...

You say there is a link for the recipe, but I am unable to see it.

Ray said...

Hello, KBLEE. Just above these comments, and at the bottom of the original post, there's the link to a pdf of the recipe. I'm not sure why it is not showing up for you--I'm afraid I don't know what to do about that. You can email me for it if that's better for you, though: rjonesATroedigerhouseDOTcom. I tried to get close when I worked on a copycat recipe but it's not perfect and you will also want to tinker with the amounts to get it to your liking.