Search RoHo Blog

Monday, January 9, 2017

Eggnog Tres Leche Cake


After the Wednesday night meal, I was yet again prepared with a dessert: eggnog tres leche cake, which I'd made just once before. This time, I tried substituting buttermilk for the milk called for in the batter, and I suspect it was not a smart substitution. The problem is I'd used all my milk for the homemade eggnog and hadn't made it to the store yet. The crew that night said it was still reasonably delicious.

I can definitely attest that the eggnog itself was really good:


It's still cold here, by the way. Schools are out today so I have a snowday to look forward to, instead of a workday. And before I went to bed last night, this was our forecast low:



"Eggnog Tres Leches Cake," from Michele at FlavorMosaic.com.

"Homemade Eggnog," by Beverly Sims. In Cuckoo Cooks from Gilboa Christian Church in Cuckoo, Virginia.

No comments: