Search RoHo Blog

Friday, February 27, 2015

Meal No. 1218: Creole Shrimp Burger

I was working in Virginia Beach this week. Well, I worked one day in Virginia Beach. Then came some snow that closed school yesterday, with another storm rolling in last night that closed school for Thursday as well.


So I was able to scoot out of town on snow- and ice-covered streets and headed west on the relatively well-cleared interstates. That put me back in Winston-Salem early Wednesday afternoon.

I figured I'd try out another new recipe, this time for Creole shrimp burgers. I don't recall ever having a shrimp burger before, although my sister raves about a certain shrimp burger shack that she hits whenever she goes to the beach.


I thought it was good but it did overwhelm me, to where I couldn't actually finish it. I'm glad I gave it a go, but it might be a while before something like this shows up on another dinner menu at the Roediger House.

Update. My sister looked at this picture and said it looked nasty. Now I need to find out what a shrimp burger is supposed to really be like. I can see where this photo would suggest it was some horrible Morningstar Farms veggie burger, which is an abomination.



"Creole Shrimp Burgers," in Cuisine at Home, Issue 110, March/April 2015, p. 22-23.

No comments: