Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Antique Additions to an Old House

When I first bought the Roediger House back in 2003, my friends Jon and Karissa Piper encouraged me to take advantage of eBay to help me in furnishing it. That's where my great bedroom suite (see this blog entry, and see this one) came from. That's where my baby grand piano and club sofa and club chair came from:


That's where my first dining room table and chairs came from (and against the far wall one of two servers I also got from eBay):


That's where I got another sofa and an antique parlour set from:


As I've watched the renovation stages proceed for the last few months, with neglected rooms being restored and ready for furnishing, I've again turned to eBay to look for awesome beds from the same couple of sellers I'd had so much good luck with. Alas, though, none of the beds (while gorgeous and reasonably priced) seemed to, well, suit me. But I did find a couple of other things, so let me show you some other new additions to the Roediger House:





Not too shabby, my friends. Not too shabby.

No comments: