Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Attempt: Rainbow Cake

I guess in the scheme of things, I don't make all that many layer cakes. But I followed a link that followed a link that followed some other link and I got very, very intrigued with the Whisk Kid's approach to making this very colorful rainbow cake. Not only do I not make all that many layer cakes, I've also done very little with food coloring, with the exception of a few attempts at red velvet cakes (and one red velvet cheesecake). I got a hankering to rise to the challenge.

Part of what's supposed to be cool about this cake is that it looks so ordinary when you walk into a party with it:


But then you cut into it, and here's what you get:


It's a pretty moist and tasty cake, and I chose to go with a lemon flavored Swiss buttercream frosting on it.


I didn't get the colors exactly right for what the instructions called for, but at least I was finally able to use my special order of unicorn tears.



"Say It With Cake: Super Epic Rainbow Cake," from the Whisk Kid blog.

No comments: