Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Meal No. 825: Glorious Beef and Mushroom Stir Fry

Back in June, I fetched from down home some of the items that I and my sister from Indiana are receiving from my mother's estate. These have been stored in the front parlours since then, awaiting an opportunity for my brother-in-law Tom to fly down and take their items back in a U-Haul.

Today was that day. 


It was not a hard packing job but it still pushed us into a later dinner, which I was so intent on getting prepped and on the table that I forgot (for the first time in a very, very long time) to take a photo of it. We went with beef, mushroom, and onion stir fry tonight. It was passable. But it was an unmitigated delight to have time to visit with Tom, who I get to see much too seldom. Indiana feels like a long ways away too much of the time!

Sunday Night Update: After Tom got home, my sister texted me the following picture, which suggests that my nephew Eli might have been happy with the surprise shipment of Cheerwine I added to his dad's U-Haul load:




"Glorious Beef with Mushrooms," in Wok Fast by Hugh Carpenter and Teri Sandison. Ten Speed Press, 2002, p. 87 (recipe) and p. 26-27 (marinade and sauce).

No comments: