Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Meal No. 552: Beef Tacos on Indian (Navajo) Frybread

While studying up on the recipe for last night's delicious Chic-Fli-A copycat sandwiches, another recipe on Hilah Johnson's website caught my eye: homemade beef tacos served on a Native American-style frybread. I've not messed with fried breads all that much, and in the past it has been with limited success. Hilah's instructional videos that go along with her recipes help ease my mind with what's involved in making her stuff. Everything about this sounded simple but also wonderfully different from what I often make. So that was the dinner I decided to go with tonight.

Pictured below, you see the two open-faced tacos I made for myself, on top of the crispy delicious frybread. The beef was great, made from scratch instead of dumping an Old El Paso or Ortega packet in there. They were mighty filling, and I only managed to eat half of my second one.




"Indian Frybread and Indian Tacos" and "Crispy Beef Tacos," by Hilah Johnson. From HilahCooking.com.

No comments: