Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Meal No. 475: Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

When I finished my PhD at the University of Virginia and headed back into the real world after five years of On-Grounds living, I started subscribing to several recipe magazine at once. Thanks to my long-time friend Cindy Coulson (whom I've known since 1989), I was introduced to Taste of Home and made that one of my first to order. There are a few companion magazines from that same outfit, including Quick Cooking, the source of tonight's dinner idea.


This is chicken with mushroom sauce, something that's pretty quick to whip up and that has always pleased the palate. It was one of the first ones I tried out in the kitchen at the house in Buies Creek where I grew up, so tonight has been fairly nostalgic for me. My mother and I really enjoyed this one the couple of times we made it, and I don't suppose I've pulled this one out since before the terrible car wreck that rendered her unable to continue living independently...so at least prior to the fall of 2004.

The meal tonight was a pretty good tribute to that small slice of the great life she and I shared, when the focus was trying out some new recipes and enjoying a meal with one another.



"Chicken with Mushroom Sauce," from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking, September/October 2001, p. 53.

No comments: