Search RoHo Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fixin' to Pretty Up the Yard

The yard has been in pretty desperate need of landscaping ever since I bought the house back in 2003. In the beginning, I thought I'd do it myself. Then, when I realized that my travels and the huge needs for maintaining and fixing up a house like this were a terrible stumbling block to accomplishing my grand plans, I figured I'd have to hire out the landscaping and its design.

Then I realized I was traveling way too much, and so I deliberately cut back, which (1) gives me a chance to be at home more and (2) curtails my income a bit. So I'm back to thinking I need to get my rear in gear and take on the challenge myself to get the yard in shape on and prettified a bit.


First step: getting a load of topsoil delivered. Check! I managed to get that done over the Easter holiday.


In the meantime, a bit of magic happened without my doing anything about it, because this lovely tulip emerged along the back wall and all too close to a tree.

No comments: