Search RoHo Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Who's the Branch Manager?


It seems I'm going to have to do a bit more education of my neighbors about the City's policies on yard waste. The fact that I collect and pile sticks and branches on my curb is because the City has a program to collect these at regular intervals. There are restrictions and limitations, of course: the limbs cannot be more than 6 inches in diameter and they cannot be longer than 6 feet. Leaves are another matter: they're piled along the curb but must be free of branches, and they're only collected during the fall.

So when I come home and find a limb longer than 6 feet, with a pile of leaves mixed in, it presents a problem. Why is it piled in front of my house instead of at the curb of the property owner from which it came? And why does it violate the City's rules for this stuff?

Instead of taking the time to break down the branch and separate out the leaves and vines piled thereon, I just picked it up and took it back across the street from where I am pretty sure it came.

No comments: