Search RoHo Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gift of Yard Waste from Neighbor



What you're looking at in the picture above is the product of someone's very careful attention to yard care: clippings, fallen leaves, trimmed limbs, debris, and whatnot that are the result of getting property all prettied up for the beauty of spring. The problem is: this ain't from my yard. The other problem is: the city does not do yard waste collection from the curb the way it does for leaves in the autumn or large junk in the spring or limbs any time of the year. Instead, the homeowner is supposed to buy/rent a yard cart from the city, for something like $60 a year. This stuff piled up on my curb will probably result in me getting a fine.

Guess I'd better send a note to the city but I wonder if it will help?

No comments: