Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trash Trees & Power Lines



A couple of weeks ago, I got a "Delivery Confirmation" letter from the owner of the property behind the house. It addressed the problems associated with the trash trees that got a foot-hold on the back retaining wall during the years that both his and my property were neglected. In particular, he spoke to worries about the trees growing into the power lines that service his new tenants behind me, an ambulance service called Lifestar 911.



He and I met today to take a look at the problem. I was surprised when he told me that Duke Power did not intend to doing any trimming to these trees, and he hoped that if I (as property owner) would also call them, perhaps they might respond better. I think it was news to him, though, that the way the property line falls, the trees mostly belong to us both. It turns out that they are mostly straddling the border between our properties.

We'll see where things go from here.

No comments: