Search RoHo Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Meal No. 159: Turkey Cutlets in Garlic Butter Sauce

It is true that I'm often driven in my menu planning by what's on sale when I go to the grocery store. On a whim, when I went to the bank, I swung by the Lowe's Foods store out on Robinhood Road, where I was lucky enough to find Smucker's Mixed Fruit Jelly a few weeks ago. On this particular afternoon, the sale item was turkey breast cutlets: Buy One, Get One Free.

I've never made these before, so I did a quick internet search for some recipes to get a handle on prep and cooking options. I decided to go with browning them in oil and butter in the skillet, which set me up to create a garlic butter sauce to serve with them.


With mashed potatoes and lima beans alongside, and the late afternoon sun coming in the back glass door where the eating nook/bay is, it made a pretty picture and a tasty meal.

No comments: