Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lolita's in Cleveland

I would not be in the Roediger House if it were not for the foresight and encouragement of my good friends Karissa and Jon Piper, who at one time were my neighbors down the street. Karissa was in my first group of education students when I joined the faculty at Wake Forest in 2001, and she returned to complete her masters with me a couple of years later.

Today's post is not about the Roediger House but about the joyful fact that I get to be with them this evening. They live in Cleveland now, and this was a great excuse to stop in for an overnighter with them on my way to work at a charter school in Detroit the first of the coming week.

Today's photo: Jon grabbing up the center bone from his delicious lamb chop at Michael Symon's restaurant, Lolita's, where the demand is so great the earliest reservations we could get were for 9:15 pm.

No comments: