Search RoHo Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Coming Off the Handle!

After a while, I imagine that faithful readers of the blog will begin to wonder if the new addition to my house is going to fall apart around me. Well, it's not bad like that, even though there was concern about the stability of a center support beam after all was completed.

Last night, while I was washing off some blueberries, the knob on the kitchen faucet came off in my hands. I had begun to be aware, sort of faintly, that the handle seemed loose, but generally I'm too busy when I'm at the sink to really process something like that.

But it all came in pretty sharp focus when I realized I had the handle in my left hand and it had completely divorced itself from the faucet to which it belonged. I did not have on hand an exact size Allen wrench but I reattached it best I could. I'll add it to the list of things for Peter LaRoque of LaRoque Construction of Mocksville, NC, to look at when he returns to work on other fit-and-finish issues with the house. This is the third plumbing-related issue to crop up in the last couple of months, including a completely unattached shower control and an off-line hot water heater.

No comments: