Search RoHo Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Smiling about Tiling

I didn't make it a priority in the design of the kitchen, but one of these days I'm going to need to bite the bullet and get a plan for installing tile on the walls of the kitchen between the counters and the cabinets. To me, it's not just a matter of being trendy and of bolstering the classy look of this space. It's also for very practical reasons.



For instance, I've been a bit hesitant about wok cooking because I know how much the grease can splatter, and that's not a good thing for the walls. So far, it's all wiped off pretty well, but it doesn't seem to be good for the paint over the long haul.



I also do a lot of washing dishes by hand, and I've got a space beside the sink where I place things to dry. But it didn't take long for some of my pots or pans to start marking up the wall as they lean against it.




No comments: